Thursday, December 8, 2011

Gregor the Overlander

                Gregor the Overlander is a very...capturing book. It goes by very quickly but throughout the book there are all these tiny messages woven into it. One of them would definitely be to sort of take in stride what is thrown at you when you least expect it. 
                In Gregor's case, he is told that he is a warrior. He is named in the prophecy saying that he must go on a quest and defeat the evil in the underland. And he does. But before he does all that, he must accept that he is the warrior.
                I feel that the author is trying to tell us to do exactly what Gregor must do. It's important for people to try to accept things even when they don't think it's right. Even when they feel doubt about what they are told. I think it's almost like an obstacle. But obstacles are things you must overcome. But you can turn an obstacle into the opposite by keeping your hopes up and believing in yourself. 
                Gregor portrays that he is able to do just that. At first he is almost unsure that he will not be able to accomplish his quest. But then he realizes what he actually has in him. He discovered he had had more in him than he thought.
                I'm not sure but I think that maybe every person has to take things in stride or only one thing. It really magnifies who you are. A lot of things magnify who you are. It doesn't mean that you realize it until a certain point where you HAVE to realize it. 

2 comments:

  1. I like this blog post. I like how you took examples from the story, that Gregor must accept that he is a warrior, and turn that into a message that the author is probably telling us. The message, that it's important for people to try to accept things even when they don't think it's right, because they have to first accept it, to know about it and have a clear feeling about it. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! I like how especially in this post, you really take the basic concepts of the book, and find the life lessons and deeper meanings within. You take Gregor's actions and use them to find out things that the author is telling you.

    ReplyDelete