Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bridge to Never Land

            I am reading this book called Bridge to Never Land. It is about a brother and a sister who discover a golden box filled with a  magical substance that makes you feel very giddy and makes you fly. It's called starstuff. It's like the fairy dust that made Wendy in "Peter Pan" fly. So they realize that they must put this rare starstuff in a safe island called Never Land. They end up gaining a friend along their journey. But the police and the FBI are after all three of them because they think that the kids were kidnapped by the other friend. Basically, this book has a lot to do with trust. If one person breaks their trust in another, then it leads to problems.
           Friendships are very much based on trust. But that makes sense because without trust, what have you got to hold on to in a friendship? I think that trust is a very important foundation in terms of not just friendship, but the wold in general. You don't really know if you can trust someone just by looking at them. You have to take the time to actually get to know them. 
           Trust is when you you can tell your friends things that you know they won't spill. Trust is when you don't have to worry about your secrets being shared. It's so incredibly easy to have someone to lose their trust in you that it almost becomes a gift when someone trusts you. Sarah and Aidan trust J.D. and vice versa. If one of them back out their mission, then the whole journey would be all for nothing. They don't realize it but they actually need each other to keep going.
          I know that I wouldn't want my friend to tell my secrets to other people. So I can't really do much but assume that they won't do that. It's really not that much to ask for. But I can also understand how it can be hard to keep secrets. Trust can be earned but it can easily be broken.You never know when this might happen but you can clearly avoid being in that situation by keeping secrets because it's pretty obvious that once that trust is broken, a lot of problems will spurt out like a erupting volcano.      

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I think that the book seems really interesting. I agree that friendships are mostly based on trust because if you do not trust the person they are not really your friend. It is important to be able to trust the person you are talking to or else you might be making a mistake. You can never know if a friend is spilling out all your secrets to someone else so you must really trust the person before you tell them anything at all.

    ReplyDelete